Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentine Sweets

What is it with this crazy weather.  Yesterday we had beautiful 50s and even up to 60s weather.  Today it is cloudy and dreary and the forecast is for freezing rain and some wet snow tonight and into tomorrow.  I can't figure out whether to go out and enjoy, or stay inside and hide.  So, I've been stamping in my craft room, where I have my music, my computer, my TV, warm temperature, and I have a skylight so I can see what the weather is doing outside.  I think I have the best of all worlds right there.

Today I've been working on still more Valentine things.  I made a heart pouch to use as a little candy gift holder.  The hearts were cut with my heart framelit.  Have I said I love the new framelits?  Well, if I haven't, then let me tell you now that I love the framelits and hope Stampin'Up! creates more in upcoming catalogs.  hint hint    I used a little of the Attic Boutique designer paper and a few scraps of other paper I have around.



Have you seen the Designer Cuts card and envelope set on pg 9 in the Occations Mini?  The laser cut heart is so pretty.  On my next example I used one of the cards from the pack, put a piece of red glimmer paper behind the heart opening and added a little pleated ribbon and a sentiment.  So fast, so easy.  Hmmmm......just thought of something, maybe a squirt or two of Smooch Spritz might add something.  I may go back up to my craft room and try it.  For now there is no spritz.  I did, however, do a little something different by CASEing my friend Donna's (Butternut Sage)  idea to unpleat a little of the ribbon and then I tied a pretty matching bow.  (Thanks Donna)


Almost everything I used today comes from the Occasions or SAB Minis.  I think I could just put my toys -- um, tools and products -- from those catalogs in the middle of the table and could happily create for a long time.  Everything is so versatile, and I have a hard time deciding which to use first and which way to use it.  Everything is so pretty.  I hope you like my Valentines for today.  Come back for another visit soon.

Until next time............

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how easy is it to trick the ribbon !!!!!! Love your card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Sandy!
I thought I would pop by and say hi ... and thanks for being so welcoming when I popped into Donna's chat room recently! It was nice to meet you!
Have been checking out your lovely creations. Wow! Gorgeous inspiration. I can see the touch of Donna here! I have so many of her cards in my 'to CASE' file!
Hugs xxx