Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sweet Valentines

I was on a roll yesterday.  I finished 4 Valentines, a birthday card, and about half of a challenge due this weekend.  That is good because today and tomorrow it's back to reality, as I need to do some laundry, run errands, and other chores.

I've posted here two of the cards I worked on yesterday.  The first is one of the kits I've been doing, and the second is just something that was popping around in my head.



This little girl, from Greeting Card Kids, is such a little sweetheart.  I love all 4 images in that set, but this one reminds me of my granddaughter.  My little Hannah is blond, has a sweet personality, and is always trying to look cute.  She likes to dress up, look pretty, and pose for pictures, and to me this sweet Valentine girl appears to be posing for her cutest picture of the season.  I colored the image with my SU watercolor crayons.  Anyone who knows me knows that I could not live without my watercolor crayons, or my markers for that matter.  For this card I used the new Labels framelit from the Occasions Mini, and the heart on the envelope is also from the Mini.  I threaded some satin ribbon through the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  On the inside I took another border punch, cut it in half, and punched some more hearts to give the inside more Valentine look.  I believe I am going to get my fill of hearts this Valentine season.  And if I continue to do 4 cards each day I will be tired of Valentines by next week! 



My other card today is a very pretty, feminine one.  I used some glittery paper from the Sending Love Specialty paper pack.  I knew that paper was retired, but yikes! I had to go back 2 years to find that it was in the 2010 Occasions Mini.  Ugh!  I hate it when I "save" paper for something special and never get around to using it.  I bet none of you do anything like that -- hoard paper and still have it 2 years later.  So I put it to good use yesterday on 2 of the cards I did, and I vow to use more of it during this Valentine season, retired or not!  I also used some of the pleated ribbon and even made  a little rosette from the ribbon by gathering it into a circle and gluing it to the card.   Not too bad.  My hubby came into the picture again here -- he agrees, it is very "pretty," very feminine, and when I told him it was going to be his Valentine he responded with "Not for ME it isn't!"  Well I guess I will have to make him another one.  (Just kidding, it wasn't for him, but don't tell him that.  I'll just let him think he is going to get a pretty, PINK, frilly, sparkly, mushy Valentine -- ha ha ha ha)



Back to laundry and chores.  I hope I inspired you a little and that you liked what you saw.  Comments about what you think, improvements to be made, ideas to dream up, are all welcome.

Until next time........

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: