Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Doily Delight

Here's a deviation from Valentine cards.  I made a first attempt at using my new Paper Doily Sizzlit.  The doily sure is beautiful and it is versatile as well.  Mine is the full circle, but I've seen others take the doily and then punch a heart from the center.  That means you can have a heart shaped doily too.  And I bet other shapes as well.  I'm going to try that next. 



It does take some getting used to.  When I first took the die out of the package and tried it, I could not get a clean cut.  However, once I added a shim, and once I cut a few times, it seemed that the sizzlit was "worked" enough that I had broken it in.  You will still have to roll the finished cut a bit to loosen the pieces, and you will have to poke many of them out.  The finished product, however, is so nice.  When I was poking pieces from the above doily, I realized I had missed the second tier in from the edge.  I rather liked the look, so I left those pieces in.  It gave this doily a whole different look from the earlier doilies I had finished. 

I used some Everyday Enchantment designer paper from the Sale-a-bration mini.  Such a pretty package of paper, I had a hard time choosing which paper to use first.  You can get this designer paper FREE with a $50 order from the Occasions Mini or the main catty.  There are so many nice freebies in the SAB catalog.  So be sure to stock up on all your needs during this Sale-a-bration promotion, when you can also get free product just for ordering $50.




Here is the inside of my card.  I used  a flower image from Bodering on Romance, which is in the Occasions Mini.  I am really loving that stamp set.  On both the front of my card and on the inside I used Clear Dazzling Details and also Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade Dazzling Details.  I love the extra accent and shimmer Dazzling Details gives to designer paper.  Oh, wait, Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade Dazzling Details?  SU does not sell those shades.  Well, yes we do.   My upline, Buffy Cooper, started mixing the Dazzling Details with different colors of reinker, right in the bottles, way back when the DD first came out.  I've been mixing mine too.  I now have about 10 different colors, all in the easy applicator bottles.  So pretty to add a little shimmer to anything by just grabbing one of my little bottles.  No mess, and no clean up.  I hope you like my card.  And I hope you come back again soon.

Until next time...............

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: