Thursday, January 5, 2012

Garter Card?

You ask "what is a garter card?"  Not really.  However, if you read my post from Jan 3rd you see that I talk about having made a couple cards that day, one of which I showed to my husband.  His comment was he thought it was a garter on my card and wanted to know if it was removable and who was going to get it.  Thus, a "garter card."  You be the judge.  Does this look like a garter?  Weeellll, maybe.  I had to laugh at him, because although I know he has a very crazy sense of humor, I had no idea by using pleated ribbon and a big flower that he would interpret it the way he did.  Hmmm......I may have to get more input from him in the future.  Perhaps he will add more "spice" to my postings.  I wonder what he'll say when he sees the corset from Rue Des Fleurs -- I'll keep you posted.


The photo of this card looks a bit bright and a little off.  I need to hone my photographic skills a bit and try to take better pictures.  This was taken a bit late in the day without flash.  I'll try to do better next time.  For this card I chose to use Attic Boutique designer paper and vanilla cardstock.   The vanilla looked just a tiny bit naked to me so I stamped the swirly stamp from Creative Elements and colored in a few of the flowers.  I think by doing that I kept the Victorian look going.   I hope so anyway.  I also used my new Blossom punch -- loving that punch.  I couldn't wait to try out the punch, and now I can't wait to stamp some of the images from the coordinating Mixed Bunch stamp set.  I really want to try the butterfly you can make by stamping one of the flowers, punching it out, and cutting the top and bottom portions off.  When I saw the butterfly picture on pg 16 in the Occasions Mini I thought "what a creative idea!"

If you have not made your wish list from the new Occastions Mini, well what are you waiting for.  Get busy and choose all the gorgeous things you want to work with.  And don't forget, if you order all those beauties beginning January 24th you get to choose something FREE from the Sale-a-Bration Mini for every $50 you spend.  What is better than FREE?  TWO FREEs!  Let me know if I can help you with any of your choices, and if you don't have a SU demonstrator, give me a holler.  I can help there too.

Until next time.............

Crafty hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a very pretty card Sandy!