Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Valentine Kit

Yesterday I was very busy, but I did not finish my "to do" list.  I did make the sympathy card.  However, silly me, I did not take a picture before I sealed the envelope.  So for today's post I have the first of the Valentine kits I am working on.  I had seen the "Double Dutch Fold" style card over on Split Coast and wanted to try it.  The style is really very simple to make and the directions on SCS are easy to follow.   The stamp is from Take It To Heart in the Occasions Mini.  When you use the heart framelit dies, cutting hearts is so easy.  No more cutting and cutting, just pop your paper and die in your Big Shot and voila, a beautiful cut every time.  These framelits, and the stamp set, are a must have.  The framlits come in nice, heavy duty, packaging.  I saw on someone's blog yesterday a fun way to fix up your package for easy identification and pretty storage.  I'll be back with that example once I "fix" mine too.  The other circle shapes are Scallop Circle #2, embossed with Square Lattice, and a scallop from the Perfect Pennants die.  I love these dies because they are so versatile.  Here's my Valentine card.


The inside of this style card is a little different, which is what I love about it.  The card opens, and behind the gate fold you can display what you wish.  I decided to keep it pretty simple for this kit and just include a small piece of designer paper to add a little color. 



I believe my friend will be able to make a few of these while in rehab.  I will do the die cutting and stamp the image so that she will only have to cut a little and paste a lot.  She'll have her own Happy Valentine stamps and a few hearts or such to put on her envelopes.  This is a complicated looking card that is very easy to make.  I hope she'll like it. 

I have 3 more kits to make and I'll show them as I finish.  Before the weekend I also need to do the Sunny Morning Chat group's challenge.  Our challenge this time is to create an explosion box.  I have an idea what I plan to do, and once again hope that what is in my head will conform to paper.  We'll see.  Please come join us for our morning chats at 10:00 a.m. Eastern, and our challenges over at www.butternutsagedesigns.blogspot.com.  We'd love to chat with you.

Oh, I almost forgot, I did complete one of the unimportant chores from yesterday.  I made dinner -- much to my husband's delight.  You don't know my husband, he loves food.  You'd never know it because he is tall and still fit.  We had crockpot chicken with mushrooms, sauce, seasonings and served over noodles.  Such an easy way to fix dinner and not have to take too much time away from my craft room.  And yummy too!  But the closet chore -- oh no, nothing on that front.  Sigh!

Until next time.........

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: