Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Baked Brown Sugar

It's blog hop Wednesday.  You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite and I know her creation is beautiful.  I know because she told me -- hee hee (hi Liz!  (smile) )   We are challenged this week to use Baked Brown Sugar with Crisp Cantaloupe and Bermuda Bay, or Baked Brown Sugar with Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler.  I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Bermuda Bay because I just could not get that bright green to go with any design I tried.  I should have forced myself to that challenge, but I just gave up.  No pat on the back for me this week.

My card this week is very, very, simple.  In fact, I'm going to use this version as the first of a "stepped up" set to see how I can build on it to make it better.  I'll let you know how I do.





I used my brand new Tea Party stamp set and embossed it with pewter embossing powder.  I also used my brand new Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.  I have several brand, spanking, new toys.  But, alas, I am so busy trying to finish up my convention swaps, 3-D items, and convention gifts, that am not getting to play with many new things.  Once I finish swapping at convention I should have a bunch of new things to show, and then I can get my new sets inky.  And if I remember to take all my computer parts, I may even be able to blog a convention picture or two while I am there.  I'm getting excited now.  Only a couple weeks until we leave.  I didn't get to go last year so I have waited quite a while for this year, and am super excited to go and to meet several new blog friends face to face.

Enough of my rambling today, let's hop back to Robbie's blogsite at the beginning, and if you didn't start with her, you can start at the beginning and continue on with everyone and back to me.

Until next time..............

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: