Monday, July 22, 2013

Stampin'Up! 2013 Convention Recap

Wow!  is all I can say about the 2013 Stampin'Up! Convention.  Well, there is a lot more to say, but "WOW" aptly describes the incredible time I had going to my very first Convention.  We left early last Wednesday morning to fly from Dulles to Salt Lake City and arrived at 4:00 p.m.  I finally, after almost 2 years of chatting online, met several of my cyber friends in person.  Oh what fun to finally see, hug, and interact, without having to type and imagine.  They are amazing gals, and over the next 3 days we spent wonderful time together, swapped amazing creations (some of which I will post here over the next several days), and just enjoyed our time together.  I can't say enough how warm and friendly these ladies are -- not to mention how super creative too!  And I made even more new friends while there.  Stampers really are a great bunch of friendly gals, and there are a few guys too.

The Convention itself was a whirlwind 3 days -- and I mean whirlwind from 6 in the morning until 11 at night.  I don't think I had 1 hour of downtime over the entire convention, other than when I was sleeping, and I did very little of that.  Yesterday -- Sunday -- my dear friend and oh so super up-line, Buffy Cooper, and I had to drag ourselves out of bed at 4:00 in the morning (that is the middle of the night, don't you know) so that we could catch the shuttle to the airport and get on our 7:00 a.m. flight home.  You should have seen that plane full of Stampin'Up! ladies.  That alone was like a convention!  Made even more new friends on the plane.

So, there is tons and tons of information from the Convention that I want to share with you over the next few days, but for today let's just say you will not want to miss out on the new framelits, a super new envelope cutter which does everything for you but pick out the designer paper, and a fun "Undefined Stamp Carving Kit."  Watch for these "coming soon" items.

For now let me show you a picture of me with Buffy Cooper and a new friend, Susan Horr, standing at The Rock in front of Stampin'Up!'s home office.  It was a super hot day -- over 100 -- but just about the time the picture was snapped, the water sprinkler came on and we were sprayed.  Actually it felt so good that we took several more pictures just so we could continue to stand there. 




I'll tell you more tomorrow about my experiences.  Let me just say that when I left I had a suitcase almost empty, when I came home it was crammed full of swaps and gifts from my friends, and oh so many free stamps and accessories from Stampin'Up!  What a wonderful few days it was.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: