Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines -- Bermuda Bay



Hi everyone.  It's blog hop Wednesday again.  Do you know what else it is?  It's time to go to the Stampin'Up! annual convention.  By the time you read this I'll either be on the way to the airport or already in the air headed for Salt Lake City.   It's Stampin'Up!'s 25th anniversary, so we are all hoping for a really great convention this year.  But you are here to see the color challenge, right?  You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.  Terrific, once again. 

We were challenged to use Bermuda Bay and to add to it either Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry, or to add Tangerine Tango and Smokey Slate.  Oops!  Guess what I just now discovered.........I combined the wrong colors.  I used Bermuda Bay and added Crushed Curry and Smokey Slate.  Well, I hope you like my mistaken combination because it is late and I don't have time to go back and start over.   Hmmmmm........must be the rush to get ready to leave here at 6:00 in the morning for the airport. 
 
 So here is my card for this week.





In addition to using the wrong colors, I used my Framed Tulips embossing folder, the new Flower Shop stamp set and matching pansy punch, Off the Grid stamp set (love that stamp) and the Postage Collection hostess stamp set for the sentiment.  Whew, a lot of stamps there for such a small amount of action on this card.  I can't wait to get the Smokey Slate embossing powder, which is in my next order, so that I can try heat embossing Off the Grid with that powder.  I've seen it done and it is beautiful. 

Well I need to get myself off to bed.  So let's hop back to the beginning to Robbie's blogsite.  I think she is already in Salt Lake City tonight, but I know she scheduled her blog with another great challenge.    while I am in SLC I  hope to take a couple pictures to put on my blog to show you what mischief we get into.  And I have a few swaps and gifts that I've already prepared for my blog.  So, if I find the time I'm hoping to find -- around 2:00 a.m. -- I'll add some to this blog.

Until next time...............

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

carolscards said...

A very pretty mistake, Sandy! I love it! Have fun in Utah! Hugs