Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Coastal Cabana

It's challenge time again, and the blog hop.  I have had a really, really busy week.  I've been working on Convention swaps, working in the yard, and taking care of the grands.   My grands, like all children, are always busy and always wanting to do something.  They keep me hopping.  Today friends and I worked on cards, and I also worked on a gift swap.  Whew!  Glad I got that done.

But the biggie to finish today was the challenge for tomorrow (I'm posting this the night before our hop).  Now that I have taken a picture of my card, I'm not so sure I like it anymore.  It looks rather blah.  The colors aren't quite my choice, but that's what the word "challenge" means.

Our colors are Coastal Cabana with Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate, or Coastal Cabana with Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry.  I used the first.  You should have arrived by way of Liz's blogsite.  I'm glad she is back with us now that school is out for the summer.  She always comes up with something unique and this week is no exception.  Love it. 



I used the Honeycomb embossing folder and I cut a few of the hexagons for the front of the card.  I am still mad at Stampin'Up! for not giving us a small hexagon punch to go with the embossing folder.  I also used some of the new ruffle ribbon.  I didn't think I was going to like that ribbon, but I do.  I also passed over the chevron ribbon, but have seen it in action, and now I can't wait to get my hands on some.

Ok, since I am the last on the list for the hop, I'm going to take you back to the beginning with Robbie in order to make a full circle.  I hope you  liked my card today.  Come back again soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: