Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Very Vanilla

Welcome to blog hop Wednesday.  Our challenge this week is to create using Very Vanilla with Perfect Plum and Rose Red or Very Vanilla with Regal Rose and Not Quite Navy.  I've been trying to use some of my retiring paper so I chose the second -- adios Not Quite Navy, I sure will miss you!  I also chose to use Aviary stamp set, another retiring set.  Sob.  I like those birds with all the cute bird cages.  Sob again

You may have arrived from Joni's blogsite.  Very nice, Joni, always love your creations.  We have a new catalog starting May 31st, and I can't wait.  We will have lots of new and different things to choose from.  Only a couple more weeks to go.  On this card I used rhinestones, but I can already see where I could use some of the new Candy Dots.  And we can use them with or without the brad bases.  I like that idea a lot.  There have been many times in the past when I cut the "legs" off of brads so I didn't have to punch through paper.   I noticed in making this card, here is a great opportunity to use the new Core'dinations paper, and it will be in ALL the color families!  I could have sanded the embossed area a little to give it more of an antique look.  I can't wait to start using both of those new items.



Since I am last on the hop list, I'll take you back to the beginning to Robbie's blogsite.  Robbie is our challenge leader, the gal who gives us our colors, and keeps us all on track.   While you are visiting her blogsite, be sure to look at the last couple weeks of very cute animal punch art she has been doing for her granddaughter.  I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, those sweet cards. 

One more reminder.  Remember our morning chat group.  I haven't mentioned it in a long time, but our Wednesday hop gals originated from our morning chats.  We have become great friends over the past almost 2 years, and we live all over the country.  Come join us some time.  10:00 a.m. Eastern on weekdays.  Just go to the Butternut Sage site and look on the right where it says "chat," click, and jump right in.  We'd love to "chat" with you too.

Until next time..........................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: