Saturday, May 4, 2013

College Graduation

I have a little graduation card for you today.  It will probably be the only graduation card because I know only one graduate this year.  This is for my niece, who is graduating from the College of Nursing at the University of South Carolina, Columbia.  We are very proud of her.  She has worked hard, was getting top grades, worked in the emergency room as a student nurse, and will be taking a job at the hospital after graduation.  She did a marvelous job.  Can't believe my little baby niece, who I took care of many times when she was a baby, who did sleepovers at my house as a little girl, and who has been my coach in all things computer, is all grown up now.  She is amazing. 




Her school colors are garnet and black.  I think Cherry Cobbler is about the closest to garnet, so I used that.  The little caps are from a very old stamp set, but I don't care, it does the job. 

Below is the inside of the card.  I apologize for the ugly post-it notes, but I forgot to take the picture before I wrote all over the card.  In fact, I totally forgot and had to go slip it out of the package so I could take a picture.  I used the stamp set Feel Goods and also the retiring Scallop Envelope Bigz Die.  I don't know what I'll do without that die.  I use the envelope for almost all my money or check inserts.  Oh well, I will continue to use it anyway.  I think my niece will especially like the insert for her.  What does every graduate really need?   Of course -- $$$



So that she would have something to unwrap, I also gave her a full package of This & That, plus glue, a black ink pad for the Rotary Stamp, some dimensionals, and a few other little items.  I think she will like both.

Hope you like my graduation card.  Oh, I guess I'll be doing one more.  I almost forgot, my grandson will be graduating from 5th grade in June.  I'll have to do a little something special for him too.

Until next time.......................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: