Friday, March 16, 2012

MDS Adventure -- Take One

This is me playing around.  I've been working with MDS over the past few days.  Mostly it has been scrapbooking pages.  I'm not quite ready to show any of those pages yet, but tonight I decided to fool around with a card.  I wanted something out of the ordinary.  I think I've really got something unusual here.  What do you think?    


 I started with designer paper from the Sunny Day series. From there I added some cardstock layers, then a frame from Frames With A Flourish, which I colored in Crumb Cake, reducing the opacity some so that the frame wouldn't hit you in the face. The main image is the small flower in Always, which I enlarged and colored with Brocade Blue and added a brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware. The grosgrain ribbon is Bermuda Bay. I had fun with the Happy Birthday label, and I'm not sure I know how to tell you how that was created, but I'll try.   First I did the scallop oval punch in both Pink Pirouette and Whisper White. The printing is done by creating a print box, minimizing it to a point where it will fit in the oval.  Then I chose the print style and color in the same way you would chose when printing in any word document.   Lastly, that tiny swirly thing below the Happy Birthday is from Frames with a Flourish which I sized to look appropriate. I must say, when using MDS you can change things in any way you wish to make it go where you want, be the size you want, and the color you want. I think I am going to like this program a lot.

Now I have to figure out how to print.  There are a couple ways to print -- either direct from MDS, or export to a jpeg and print from there.  Of course, when I am really good at this I could send it to SU and have them professionally print it.  I think I'll wait until I am a little better and when I'm not just fooling around with weird, wild, colors.  For now, I will probably print this on Whisper White cardstock and then mount that on a color cordinated background cardstock, maybe a little more Bermuda Bay, or a totally different color, or black or navy to set it of.  I'll know when I see it.

I hope you liked my venture into the world of digital.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: