Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines -- Cajun Craze

I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth.  Almost, but not quite.  My trip to Wisconsin was a ton of fun.  And the driving was fun too.  750 miles out, 750 back, and I put nearly 2,000 total miles on my car.  My sister and I had a great time visiting, shopping, putting together puzzles, reading, visiting with friends for breakfasts and dinners, and we took a 2-day trip to Northern Wisconsin where we stopped at nearly every little shop and winery on our route.  It was a girls' week and we had a blast.  (Hubby stayed home and fixed my craft cabinet, painted the bathroom, and cleaned the garage.  Hmmm, I think I got the better end of the deal)

But now I am back and trying to get into the swing of home life and crafting.  Today is blog hop Wednesday and our color challenge.  We were challenged this week to use Cajun Craze with Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry, OR Cajun Craze with Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke.  I chose the first one.  You should have arrived here from Helen's blogsite.  I have to go look, but I bet it is super.  I sure missed the hops while I was gone.  I saw what my friends did, but I missed being part of it.



I saw a neat file folder technique and video on Patty Bennett's blogsite.  She did several styles with different types of décor.  I loved the whole idea, so I had to try it.  Of course, with our colors this week I could not find one designer paper to use, so I had to use just cardstock and make it work.  I like the folder.  I think it is a unique way to present a homemade card.  Thank you Patty for another great idea.



I'm trying, in this second picture, to show how the card opens from the top.  However, you can make it vertical and open from the right, you can even seal the sides and make a pull out to go in the card.  I'll be making a bunch more of these.

Now let's hop over to Robbie's blogsite.  She is the start of the hop so this will take you around to the beginning.  If you have missed anyone, you can continue from there. 

I hope to get more creations done for you to see.  I finished another file folder and a thank you card the other day, so I'll be posting those.  I want to get started with some of the great Christmas designs and a few Halloween treats I need to finish for my grands.

Until next time............

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

2 comments:

carolscards said...

Really cute, Sandy! And I missed you, too. Even though I don't get to the chat much, I am thankful to be in the ranks with all you talented girls! Hugs

Amanda Frankel said...

Welcome back!! I missed you, (and the inspiration you always provide)! Love the textures of this card... great idea!