Monday, April 29, 2013

Last Regional Swap

Happy Monday everyone.  Hope your weekend was great.  My grandson's team won their football game again, despite a rainy day.  We're all happy that the team is 3 wins, 0 losses so far.  The first two games he was the star player, so we are very proud grandparents.  Our granddaughter is a cheerleader and it is fun to watch her too.  However, both yesterday and last week her cheer team was cheering for the opposing team rather than for her brother's team.  She said it was ok because "inside I'm still wishing for my brother."  Ha ha, she knows where her priorities are.

So here is the last swap I did for the Regional Stampin'Up! meet in Baltimore.  This started out with Serene Silhouettes because the rule was to use a set from pages 70-79 in the catalog.  After that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but each step built off the last and here is my final product. 




The cardstock colors are Island Indigo and Baja Breeze.  I am so sorry to see that we are losing Baja Breeze.  It is my go to color when I think something blue.  I'm not sure who picks the colors that will retire, but I wish they had left this one alone.  I sponged a little with Island Indigo and then used some Dazzling Details for the sparkle on the flowers -- or are they weeds -- whatever they are they needed to be "prettied up" a little.

I hope you like my card today.  Be sure to come back soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: