Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines --- Riding Hood Red

Happy Wednesday!  It's that time again for our Wednesday blog hop.  You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.   What a beautiful birthday card she made.  Love it.  Our challenge this week is to use Riding Hood Red and Cherry Cobbler.  Two reds that are very close together in hue.  But they go well together.

Last Saturday I attended the Stampin'Up! Regional meet in Baltimore, MD.  One of the demonstrations done by a SU member was something they referred to as rainbow.  They took a piece of watercolor paper, used 5 or 6 markers and colored vertical stripes at the top of the piece of paper, drawing down about an inch or so with the markers.  Then they wet the area with an Aqua Pen, smeared the water and color a bit and then let it run down the paper until it all blended.  I used only the 2 colors in our challenge this week.  Well, I tell you, I tried it about 5 times and could not get MY streaks to run and look anything like theirs.  I tried watercolor paper, Whisper White, and also Shimmer White.  It only worked on watercolor.  So I improvised a bit and continued drawing the color farther and farther down the paper with the Aqua Pen until I managed to get color all the way to the bottom.  But I didn't like how it looked that way, so I turned the paper on it's side, added a little designer paper, a butterfly, and at least I have something reasonable.  So here is my attempt -- I need to go back to SU and find out how they did it, or maybe it looks better with several colors.  I have pictures of their demonstration, but they look nothing like mine!  Ha!




Now it's time to hop over to Teri's website to see what she has made this week.  I can't wait, so let's go. 

Until next time.................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

4 comments:

carolscards said...

Sandy, I think this is very pretty. I don't know what the other ones are like, but this is fabulous! Great job, girl! Hugs

Amanda Frankel said...

Don't know what you are talking about, woman! This card is really FABULOUS!! I wasn't at Regionals, so I have no idea what they did, but I wouldn't change your card at all! It is perfect!

Anonymous said...

I like yours better than the ones we saw Saturday. (Shhhh ...don't tell!) But I think it's beautiful!!

Helen Burnley said...

Love your card, Sandy! I love how you used the rainbow technique. I was also thinking of using it, but couldn't come up with anything for this color combo. Very nice job!