Saturday, April 27, 2013

More Baltimore Regional Swaps

Hi everyone.  What a gorgeous spring day we are having.  I hope where you are it is beautiful too.  I love the red buds, dogwood, tulips, azalea, and all the other gorgeous blooms all around me right now.  Even my rose bushes have good sized buds.

Today I have another of the swaps I did for the recent Regional Stampin'Up! meet in Baltimore.  I really love the Honeycomb embossing folder and have been using it a lot.   I don't know how I ended with these colors, because I certainly did not start with them.  They are Naturals Ivory base with Always Artichoke on that, topped with a diagonal half of Melon Mambo and half Naturals Ivory.  I stamped the leafy flower from Nature Walk (hate to see that one retire -- sigh!), and then embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I sponged some So Saffron on the Naturals Ivory to give it just a little more yellow so that the yellow butterflies didn't look so dark.  Then I finished it off with punching and sentiment from Pretty Petites in the Sale-a-bration booklet.  For the swap I discovered just in time that I was using a SAB stamp and since it was retired I quickly switched to Ciao, Baby from the Spring catalog for my swap.





Is there anyone else who was hoping and praying for a hexagon punch to go with the Honeycomb embossing folder?  I was so sure the new catalog was going to carry one.  In the past I have been fussy cutting to put on my cards, but was praying and begging (yes, I begged SU several times over the months), and was sure I would have my prayers answered.  Well, no such luck.  Ugh!  I am so bummed.  There is, however, a beautiful new stamp set with patterned hexagons and a punch to match that.  Alas, it is too big for the embossing folder.  Sigh again!

Our catalogs are on the way, and only a couple more weeks until it goes live -- May 31st.  So, let me know if you don't have your request in yet for a catalog.   See my little ole e-mail address up there in my profile?  That's how you can reach me.

Until next time......................

Crafty hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

carolscards said...

Sandy, I agree with you on the honeycomb punch! Where do you go to request things? I've been looking for how to do that forever! I've got a few requests of SU, too. Hugs