Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas Woods

I'm not sure if I have posted this one already, however, if so, it still is worth repeating.  I did something similar last year, but it remains a favorite.  It is very easy, but carries the "wow" factor.





I used my very favorite watercolor crayons directly on my Lovely as a Tree stamp.  I can't say often enough, I hope SU never, ever, EVER, retires Lovely as a Tree.  It is so versatile, and so beautiful.  This card was done by coloring Night of Navy directly on the stamp, then spritzing with water.  I then stamped on Whisper White cardstock several times.  I then colored the stamp one more time to stamp one more dark tree.  This technique makes the trees look like they are close and far, the way they would be in the woods.  I used a little glue here and there and then sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds.  Love it, and I hope you do too.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for our usual Wednesday Coloring Down the Lines blog hop. 

Until next time............................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

3 comments:

carolscards said...

You are right, Sandy, it is worth repeating! Love it...I love an all blue card! And this is my favorite set too!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is really special! I think I need to rummage around and find my crayons! Haven't used them images! Hugs xxx

Helen Burnley said...

I love this. How did you make this card???4690 b