Thursday, September 27, 2012

MDS2 Playtime

I'm excited today to show you what I have been working on.  I am not yet "creating" just "working."  I still have a long way to go before I know half of what there is to know about MDS2, but yesterday my upline gave a class on MDS2 and we created this card using some of the new features.  If you don't yet have MDS2, hurry and get it.  There are so many nice, new, features to play with.  And if you don't have a Stampin'Up! demonstrator and need to know how to get your own MDS2 software, I can help you with that, just give me a shout.  My e-mail address is on the right.




To start we used a format already in the software, but then manipulated and added and changed in order to make this card our own.  I did a lot of coloring of the skaters using the paintbrush and all the colors (don't look at my mistakes).  I had fun.  I outlined the shirts, skirt, pants, etc. with a darker color and then colored in the clothing with a slightly lighter color.  This gave the clothing more depth.  I still need to learn a more steady hand, and I want to play more with the painting option and colors, sizing, and more embellishments.  I also have to learn printing, but I am started, and for me that is 90% of the battle.  If you have MDS2, let me know how you are doing and how you like it.  Would love to hear your comments.

And now, on to 2 pictures of my trip.  On our vacation we started in Prague, continued by train to Vienna, and then continued by river cruise ship on the Danube River to Budapest.   These 2 pictures were taken in Prague.


 This daytime picture is where we stayed in Prague.  I would say our hotel is the white building with the red roof, but most of the biuldings are white or cream with red.  Our hotel is pretty much right in the middle.  We had a pretty central location so we could move all around the city just by hopping a bus or boat.




 This is nearly the same location but from a different point of view and taken at night.  The canopy of lights just to the right of center is a wonderful restaurant where we had dinner 2 of the 3 nights we were there.  Wonderful food, some local dishes that we tried, and of course a fantastic view.  There is a whole river walk here that we did that night.  Beautiful.





I hope you enjoyed my little bit of excitement over my new MDS2 software (thank you Buffy for your teaching), and I hope you like the 2 pictures taken in Prague.  I'll be adding a couple more vacation pictures from time to time, but will try to get some more crafting pictures in here too.  Tomorrow I plan to do a craft day again with friends and hope to come home with several creations to add to my blog.  Have a great day!

Until next time...................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: