Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall Leaves

I have another fall card for you today.  This is a technique I did a few weeks ago and like enough to make more like it.  It's so simple.  Just one layer, no fuss, but there is some muss -- which you know from yesterday that I like. 



I dropped one drop each of Cajun Craze, Old Olive, and So Saffron on a craft sheet.  Then I used my aqua painter and scribbled a little of each color on Whisper White cardstock until I was happy with the design.  I stamped leaves from French Foliage (my favorite fall stamp set) in shades of Old Olive, Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie.  After that I just went around close to the edge and scored to give the card a little "finish."  So easy.  This is something really quick when I want to hurry and get a birthday or thank you in the mail.  In person it has a nicer look than the photograph.  One of these days I'll learn how to really use my camera.  Perhaps that is my next challenge?

I hope to get some Halloween cards done over the next couple days.  I am determined this year to have the "grands" Halloween packages ready early and not at the last minute like other years.  I also want to get a jump on holiday cards.  Can't believe it is getting to be that time again.  How are you doing with holidays?  Would love to hear how you are handling the time crunch this year.  Drop me a comment.

Until next time.....................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: