Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Sparkle

I spent the day with friends crafting the time away.  I just love going away from home and having no  responsibility other than chatting with friends while creating.  I don't think I lost my mojo while on vacation because I am happy with the creations I made today.



This card was done for a challenge over at Butternut Sage for our Morning Chat Challenge.  Every two weeks we have a different theme for our challenge.  We'd love to have more join our challenges, so if you would like to be included, just hop on over to Butternut Sage, click on the Morning Chat Challenge and see what the current challenge topic is.  Then link your creation to the rest.  Or, ask me, and I'll help you join in. 

This time we were to do a glitter fall card.  I used a couple fall colors:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and Old Olive.  I used a craft sheet and dropped a couple drops of More Mustard and Cajun Craze and placed my Very Vanilla cardstock on top and smooshed the colors around.  I did something similar before, but this time I got my inspiration from my upline, Buffy Cooper.  She did a techniques class recently and this was one of the techniques.  She called it Watercolor Smash.  I'm more likely to refer to it as smooshing.  I love to make a mess and smooshing sounds more messy!  She used pretty colors and pretty flowers, but I made it into a fall card and used flowers that look like they are dying away and fall colors.  The sparkly flower part is to qualify for the glitter portion of the challenge -- I cheat a little.

I hope you like my challenge today.  I'll be back tomorrow with something more.  I have another fall card to show you.  And, as soon as I load those vacation pictures, I'll include just a couple of those.  I won't bore you with all 500+ of them.  Did I mention that I take LOTS of pictures?  Everything from people to flowers, to hills, water, anything I can snap.  My hubby just grins, shakes his head and puts on the smile.  He knows better than to complain.

So come back to visit soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

2 comments:

carolscards said...

Sandy, So glad you're back, and yes, you still have your mojo! This is so cool... I will definately try this one! Thanks, sister!

Anonymous said...

oh Sandy your techniques on this card are qwonderful. Look at the sparkle on the Queen anne's Lace LOVE it!