Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wednesday Blog Hop -- March 1, 2017

Happy March.  Unbelievable that we are going into another month.  And unbelievable that it was 70 degrees again today, 80 last Friday, and it is still February.  But I love it.

We have some really great challenges for you this month.  We start out today being challenged to "Use a challenge to create your project."   Before you arrived here you should have come from Liz's blogsite.




I went out into blogworld and chose Freshly Made Sketches for the sketch challenge I wanted to work from.  It is a rather simple sketch, and I had an idea right away.  The link to this challenge site is   Here    



So here is the card I made for our challenge.  The technique I used for the dragonfly is sticky glitter.  I have absolutely no idea what the technique is really called, so I am calling it "sticky glitter."  ha ha   I cut the basic dragonfly die in Tip Top Taupe cardstock.  Then I affixed packing tape to the back of the cardstock, which leaves a big, sticky, opening in the paper.  Next, cut out the decorative dragonfly in Early Espresso cardstock.  Affix the Early Espresso dragonfly into the opening.  This will leave the various openings sticky.  Now the fun part.  Dump gold glitter on top and rub some into all the openings.  Shake off the excess, including all that is now on your arms, neck and face (seriously).   Love it.  This is a very sparkly dragonfly.  Then I used Very Vanilla to mat the top piece.  Beneath that is two pieces of Sale-a-bration metallic ribbon, a piece of Falling In Love dsp and all mounted on a base of Marina Mist cardstock.  The sentiment is from Wetlands stamp set.





I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  Hmmmmm, just noticed as I was typing below this photo, there is even more glitter in places on the card and on the table, despite the use of my Embossing Buddy.  I hope my husband hasn't picked up some on his face too.  He just might ban glittering within 5 miles of our house.

Ok, let's go take a look at what Robbie has done with the challenge.  I'm anxious to see the whole hop to see what everyone has done.  So next up is Robbie's blogsite.

Have a happy day.
Sandy



3 comments:

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is beautiful, Sandy! Awesome job.

Lizzy said...

I love the pop the two small strips of gold ribbon give this - perfect accent!

Helen Burnley said...

Very pretty. I haven't used the dragonfly set yet, and I guess I'm going to now.