Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Color Blog Hop Wednesday -- November 4, 2015

Hi friends.  It is color blog hop Wednesday.  I think our colors are more in line with Christmas this week, so I looked away from fall and decided to work on a Christmas card.  First of all, you should have come from Liz's blogsite.  I love, love, her card.  In fact I saw it in person, and it is really pretty.  After you leave here you should go to Robbie's blogsite.  Now I haven't seen hers, because I usually have to wait and hop with the rest of you.  However, I know she is a terrific creator and has something very pretty for us today.  As always the whole group does a really great job with the colors and the variety of interpretations.

Our colors are in the blue and gray family.  Here is the inspiration piece.



And the comparable Stampin'Up! colors.
This is what I did with the colors we are challenged to use.  There are several layers to my card.   They weren't hard to do, but there is a lot of cutting involved, including the layers inside.  The sets I used are Wonderland and Cozy Christmas.  I used Marina Mist ink for the wintery trees with a bit of glue and Dazzling Details to make them sparkle.  The rest is pretty self-explanatory, just cutting paper to fit.  I didn't use Crumb Cake because I couldn't figure where to put it.  Pretend there is some in the trees?  Oh well.




I am glad you came today.  I am trying to get more of my cards on my blog, so hopefully you will be back soon and I will have more for you.  Continue now to Robbie's site, or, if you started there, then you are finished with me.

Have a great day,
Sandy

4 comments:

Joni said...

oh wow this is so pretty! love those colors with this design!!!!!

Lizzy said...

I LOVE this card and the way you used the colors. I just ordered this stamp set and now can't wait for it to get here. I'm casing your card :-)

Helen Burnley said...

Nice card, Sandy. What a peaceful card.

Jessica said...

I really like this card the colors and your stamp choice go so well together.