Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop --- August 5, 2015


Welcome back everyone!   It's blog hop Wednesday and we have some soft, pretty colors this week.  They are Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  The inspiration piece, finally, is not food.  So I didn't get hungry this time.  Today is a short hop, since several gals are out, but we still pack a punch!




 




I was looking through some of my tutorials and found a frosted leaf I did a year or so ago.  I decided I wanted to try it again, this time for a flower.  I don't remember what the technique is called, but it looks frosty or sparkly to me, so I am calling in frosty flower -- ha!   Here is my card:




The way this works is, first you stamp your image in Staz On ink onto a window sheet and let dry.  Then, squeeze a drop of Crystal Effects onto a surface you can wipe up later.  Add a drop of reinker in the color of your choice, or in this case I worked with two colors.  I squeezed two separate drops of Crystal Effects, and in one I mixed one drop of Rose Red and in the other one drop of Blushing bride.  Using a paint brush, paint the image on the side of the window sheet you stamped with Staz On,  Don't worry about perfection when painting, light and dark will look like shading when you turn it over.  Once you finish painting, sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds over the wet Crystal Effects.  Shake off excess.  When you are sure it is very dry, cut out your image and put your card together.  Note, it is important to paint the image and sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds on the side you stamped the Staz On.  Keep everything on one side so that when finished you glue that side down onto your card and there will be no rub off or mess from the glitter.  Use a little more Crystal Effects as your glue.

I hope I have been clear with my instructions.  I remember seeing a video on this but can't remember who did it or what it was called.  Last year the leaves I did were in fall colors, and it was really pretty.  Give it a try.  

I believe you came to my blog from Joni's blogsite.  Very pretty creation she has.  Love it.  Now you should head to Robbie's blogsite, where our hop began today.  Have you been watching the gifts and swaps on her blog from Convention?  Great ideas there.

See you soon, and happy crafting
Sandy

2 comments:

carolscards said...

Pretty, Sandy, love the sparkle!

Lizzy said...

This is an outstanding card - love it!