Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday Color Blog Hop -- June 3, 2015


Happy Wednesday everyone. Glad you are back for another Wednesday blog hop.  It is getting to be summer vacation time and our numbers are dwindling a little.  However, we have some great creations for you today.  Our inspiration piece is beautiful.  I love the pretty colors.  You should have arrived here from Liz's blogsite.  I was with her the other day when she crafted her card.  It is really pretty.  We both worked on flowers, and even used the same flower, but I think we still had our own unique ideas.

Our colors this week are below the inspiration piece.  They are Smoky Slate, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Mossy Meadow, Tangerine Tango and Pear Pizzaz.  I decided to try another fancy fold.  Once again I headed over to Dawn Olchefske's blog because I knew she had done another fold.  It is called Corner Flip.  And she has both measurements and a video.  Thanks, Dawn, for your inspiration and for sharing the deets.






 Here is my card.  It is a normal sized card which is cut near the upper right corner so that the corner can be folded back.  I think the video is the easiest way to figure out how to do it.  Then decorate the square and the inside to show the layers.  It is all the layers that give this card its prettiness.   Give it a try.






Below is a photo taken at a slightly different angle so you can see the opening a little better.  I really like this style and will be making more.




Now you should continue to Robbie's blogsite.  She has been working on some fancy folds too and now is doing some color combinations that are really pretty.  Go take a look at her blog and continue around to the entire hop for all the displays today and enjoy.  Come back soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

This is really lovely - I want to make this fold!