Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday Color Blog Hop -- May 27, 2015


Happy Wednesday.  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.  I had a great time.  My grands came for a visit and we had a blast.  Part of the weekend their dad had to work, so I got to spend quality alone time.  We spent Monday at their swimming pool, and I have a ton of pictures for our scrapbook.  What a gorgeous day.  Hope your weather was a nice as mine.

Well, you are here today for the color blog hop.  Our challenge today is to use the inspiration piece below and the Stampin'Up! colors Robbie interpreted to create something.   This is probably the last time we will be able to use Crisp Cantaloupe, as it retires on June 2nd.  I love that color and am going to miss it, but I know I will keep it in my "stash" and use it from time to time.  

You probably arrived to my website by way of Liz's blogsite.  I wonder how she used these colors.  I need to go take a look, but I'm sure her creation is super.  So without any more "ado" here is our inspiration piece, and below it is our list of colors.  





 I wanted to do a little something different.  I chose to do a pinwheel fold card.  I saw it on Rachel Tessman's blog, but I believe it also was on the Splitcoast Stampers site and was done by Dawn Olchefsky.  Some of our colors for today are used inside, so I included a picture of the inside too.  I had fun doing this piece and plan to make more using some brighter colors.







What a fun card this will be to receive too, I think.  Well, at least I think it will be.

Now you should continue to Robbie's blogsite.  She started us out, but if you began with me or anyone else, continue on to her and you will go all the way around.  Very funny, just now when I went to Robbie's blog to copy her site name and link to mine for the hop, I see that I was not the only one this week to come across the pinwheel fancy fold.  She has a great one from yesterday.  Love it and love that color combination.  I want to do a really bright birthday one.  So join us and give that fancy fold a try.

See you soon,
Sandy

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

How cute - I love this - You will have to teach me how to make it!

Joni said...

very creative! what a cool fun-fold!!!!