Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Blog Hop Wednesday -- March 25, 2015


Happy Wednesday friends.  It's time again for our blog hop.  You may have arrived from Liz's blogsite, and when you leave here you should continue on to Robbie's blogsite.

I picked the colors again for this week.  I love black, beige, cream, and all those soft colors, but they aren't the easiest to work with.  These circles reminded me of a recent technique I was working with.  Bokeh, which is a photography term.  I think the crafting world is fast making it a crafting term.  I love the look.  These marshmallows (I think they are marshmallows) made me think of the circles in the technique.  If these aren't marshmallows, someone tell me quick what they are.  I sure don't want my mouth watering over concrete or something gross.






Below are our Stampin'Up! colors.  I used them all and added Whisper White.



The technique is done by sponging color on  Whisper White, then use a stencil to add White Craft ink.  I made a stencil by cutting circles in a window sheet.  I've see some other cards made with hearts, stars, and other shapes.   The wavy cuts on the sides were done with the envelope punch board.  I saw a sample on someone's blog, but I don't remember who did it.  Loved the look so I tried it out here.




Now head over to Robbie's blogsite to see what she did.  Hope you all are having some nice spring weather.  I'm still waiting.  We get teased with a day and then it goes back to winter again.  Ugh!

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: