Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Color Blog Hop -- September 24, 2014

Happy blog hop Wednesday.  It is time to see what the group did with the color challenge this week.  You should have come from Liz's blogsite.  Haven't talked to her, but I know she has been working hard.  We were challenged to use some really pretty and bright colors.  I chose this inspiration piece because I loved the flowers, the oranges and purples and yellows.  And because I wanted to use my new Corner Garden stamp.   I never even noticed that stamp until I saw someone else do the most beautiful sympathy card.  I have already done about 4 cards with this stamp.  I love it, but it does take a while to do all that coloring.  Of course, I am one whose favorite used to be those watercolor crayons.  I hated to see them retire, but I still use them.

So here is the inspiration piece:




Here are the comparable SU colors Robbie worked up:


And here is the piece I did.  I wanted a little more fall for right now, so I highlighted the oranges and yellows, but there still is some beautiful rose/purple/melon mambo.  I still need a lot of practice, but I am working on it.  Love those Blendies!



So now you should hop to Robbie's blogsite.  She is the start, but if you started here, you can continue on to her and then all the way around and back to me.

I am currently in Wisconsin on vacation.  I am visiting my sisters and we are having a blast, I know.  We always have a great time when we get together.  We plan craft fairs, wine tastings, a trip or two where we go in and out of shops to see what we find there -- I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.  And I will bring home some of my favorite cheeses, sausages, and some cherry salsa (yum).   Have a great week.  See you when I return.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

carolscards said...

Gorgeous, Sandy! YOu may have just inspired me to get that stamp also! Hugs