Thursday, March 7, 2013

Whether or Not We Had Weather


We're going to do something a little different today.  Yesterday in our chat, several of us were talking about how the snowstorm was affecting us and what it looked like at each of our houses.  So we decided to do a blog hop today showing our yards and/or houses with the weather pictures.   By the way, if you haven't joined us yet on chat, you should come and have fun with us.  We really do have fun.  10:00 a.m. Eastern, weekdays here.  

You may have arrived here by way of Marilyn's blogsite.  Marilyn lives in Tewksbury, Massachusettes near Boston.  You can check out her blogsite and see all about her take on the weather. 

Ok, so my house is in what was the bullseye in West Virginia.  I live at Ice Mountain in Slanesville, WV, which is way up North almost to  Pennsylvania.  We ended up with 11 inches on my back deck around noon.  But by 5:00 p.m. lots had melted and the temps continue to go up.  (Probably in the next day or two I'll show you flood pictures)   Since our forecast was for around 18 inches, I think we got off easy.

The snow was really pretty at 10:00 in the morning, but by 5:00 in the afternoon things had changed.  There was a lot of melting.  See my before and after (10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) pictures below.......






 This is roughly the same picture around 5:00 in the afternoon.
















 This is around 10:00 in the morning.
 
And the above picture was roughly 5:00 in the afternoon.  Below is just one more picture of my wonderful hubby trying to get some of that heavy stuff off our hot tub so that the weight would not crack the  insulating top. 
 
 
 
 
Hee hee, I got several more candid pics of him.  He didn't know I was there.  Shhhhhh.....
 
Well, those are my weather pictures.  I was last on the list, but I will send you back to the beginning to Robbie for what happened to her.  She lives in Hollywood, Maryland SouthEast of Washington, DC.  In the morning she was getting mostly rain, but lots and lots of wind.  I didn't get any wind, but lots of snow.  Wonder what her blogsite will show for her pictures.  You can hop on over to her blogsite here.  
 
Come back to visit again soon.
 
Crafty Hugs,
Sandy
 

2 comments:

carolscards said...

Sandy, the snow on the trees was really gorgeous, no? Your home is really tranquil looking, so nestled in the woods and all. Beautiful. It's nice to share. I will have to get my map out. I'm only an hour away from Cumberland. Hugs

inkedx2 said...

Wow Sandy beautiful pics of the snow!