Saturday, August 18, 2012

Balloons and Cake

I have balloons and cake for you today.  And if you look close, an airplane and a card too.  Over the last several months I have been working hard on a tough project, and last week it finally came to an end.  Buffy and Liz, two of my bestest, wonderfulest, friends helped me celebrate.  They surprised me with some balloons and a "congrats" cake.   Hi gals, I am still smiling from all that partying last week.



The balloons were really sweet.  Do you see that tiny airplane close to the middle baloon?  There is a story behind that airplane.   When my husband and I got married (this is our second for both of us), he already had this house.  Lo and behold I had been looking at this pull rope hanging from the ceiling fan, which is waaaaay up there on the ceiling 2 floors up.  Every time I would see it I'd think it sure looked like a hangman's noose -- see the slight loop and the knot?  Well, once I was the lady of the house, I decided to do something about that noose.  One day when we were on vacation, putzing in shops, etc., I saw this little airplane and knew just what to do with it.  I bought it and hung it from the noose loop so that the rope would look like it was meant all along to fly that airplane through the air.  No more having company think that we were mean and they could end up at the end of that rope.

As the grandchildren came along, and once they got to be around 18 months to 2 years, they wanted to see it fly.  So, either I or grampa would lift them and let them bat it once or twice, or three times, or four (enough!), and they could watch it fly.   Sometimes it was hard to stop.  As they've gotten older, there is less and less batting about, but that airplane still remains, hiding that noose.




So back to the party, we also had chocolate cake -- yum.  Of course, I didn't think to take a picture before we dug in, so you see it half eaten.  Actually, 3/4 eaten.   They were so sweet to surprise me and to celebrate with me.  Thanks you two -- mwah!

Come back again soon.  I have bunches of great friends who were nudging me on during the summer and supporting me with gorgeous cards and wonderful words.  I have a couple more RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness, for those of you who don't know).  I can't say enough about the fantastic friends I have, and the wonderful new ones I have made from the morning chat group that I keep talking about.  They are the best.  So come back tomorrow and I'll have a few of their cards to show you.

Until next time......................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Loved reading about your plane story! And ... You are one lucky girl to have such sweet friends! Hugs xxx