Friday, December 16, 2011

For the Grands

Christmas is coming pretty fast and I am about ready for it.  I've done the last of my cards and have been baking for the past 2 days.  Smells good in here and my hubby says the cookies "look" good.  I guess as long as they look good on a plate that is ok?  What about taste?  Well, since I've noticed a few missing here and there, he must think they taste good too.   I am pretty late this year with the baking.  I usually send a box of cookies to my sister, one to my uncle, and one to my brother and family.  Guess they are all going to get New Years cookies -- ha!   :>)

The two cards today are cards we are sending to the grandboys.  The first sample goes to the little guys, as I thought one penguin standing on the head of the other would get a chuckle out of a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old.  The second sample is for the 8 yr old and 9 yr old -- so I have 4 of those ready to go out tomorrow.  Now I just have to come up with something for the 6 yr old granddaughter.  I think something a little more girlie for her.  Hmmmmm......now what could it be?





You can't tell from the photos, but there is glitz on each -- a little glitter and clear Dazzling Diamonds, and my home-made red Dazzling Diamonds.   Until SU catches up with me I am making my own colors of DD by putting a drop or two of any color into a bottle of clear and mixing.  My upline, Buffy, came up with this idea when she bought her first bottle of clear and we have been mixing ever since -- hugs, Buffy.   I may have one or two more Christmas cards to show, and then I am so ready to get on to birthday, Valentines -- and SPRING.  We've only had one snow and I am already done with winter! 

Over the weekend I need to finish the challenge from the Morning Chat group.  Donna at Butternut Sage (one of these days I'll learn how to link) challenged us to do punch art.  So out of my box!! Hopefully I'll think of something that will work.  If so, it will be here on my blog by Sunday.     Oh me, oh my!

Until next time,

Crafty hugs,
Sandy

No comments: