Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wednesday Blog Hop -- April 26, 2017

Hi Stampers:   Welcome to our blog hop this week.  We were again challenged to use something we favor that is being retired.  One of my very favorite sets is Balloon Adventures stamps and Thinlits from the Occasions catalog.  Oh my, I was so sure that set would carry over to the new catalog.  I still think Stampin'Up! made a mistake in choosing that set to retire.  In fact, they even used the bow die on a sample that appears in the new 2017-18 catalog.  I told them, and also told them therefore I expect them to tell us they will carry over this set.  That is how much I like it.  However, I won't hold my breath that they carry it over.  I guess I better hurry and use it A LOT!

Here is the challenge picture, and then my challenge card:








On this particular card I used only the balloon thinlits, but I have used the pop-up thinlit both as a pop-up and as a cut piece on the front of the card.  I love the balloons, the sentiments, the banners, the dies, all of it!  Ugh!  So sad.

I also used this card for another challenge.  We were given a bunch of pieces in an envelope and asked to make something pretty.  The pieces were the dsp, the Washi, the ribbon and the little accessory.  I have to admit, when I saw those little snips I felt they were actually someone's trash.  I probably would have thrown that envelope away if I hadn't been challenged to make something.  Well, I looked at it several times and decided it was part of my favorite set, so why not add some cute balloons.  My card was born that way.  I really like this card, and am happy I was able to make something with all those little snips and snaps.   (snaps?  dribs and drabs?  oh well.)

You should have come to my blog by way of Liz's blog.  I know some of her favorites that are retiring.  I wonder which one(s) she used.  When you finish here, head over to Robbie's blogsite to see what she worked on.

See you soon
Sandy

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

You know I think this is a great card - you just whipped that up like a natural!