Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Color Blog Hop Wednesday -- December 3, 2014

It's blog hop Wednesday.  We have some snowy colors for you today.  You should have come to me by way of Liz's blogsite.  Isn't her creation today beautiful.  [added later:   Oh my lord, she and I did another "great minds think alike" thing today.  I just looked at what she did, and her card is very similar to mine.  It's scary that we think so much alike.]

Our inspiration piece this week is this:





The comparable Stampin'Up! colors are Saraha Sand, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Lost Lagoon.  I took Pool Party, Marina Mist, and Lost Lagoon re-inkers and dropped several drops onto a craft sheet , then toward the bottom I dropped a little Sahara Sand.  It seems the re-inkers blend just a little better if you mist with some water.  Then I took a piece of Glossy White paper and smushed it around a bit, then dry. (Smushed is my favoritist made up word!)    Looking at these colors I decided my card would be wintery.  And, since I have to mail a birthday card to my niece this weekend, I made this card a wintery birthday card.

Here is my card:







I know my niece is going to like her card, mainly because she is always begging me to send more, she always oohs and ahhs at what I have done, and because she is so sweet.  She is a very appreciative gal.  Of course, the little gift inside is always welcome too.

Hope you like my card.  Now we shall hop on around to Robbie's blogsite.  She is the start, but you can continue around and around until you get dizzy.  But don't do that.  Let's go take a look at what Robbie has done.  I know it is beautiful because she has super ideas and makes really pretty cards.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy


1 comment:

Joni said...

Very pretty!!!!!!