Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Night of Navy and Fancy Fold

Wednesdays have been rolling around pretty fast each week.  It's time again for our color with a twist challenge.  This week we were challenged to use Night of Navy with Cherry Cobbler and Pumpkin Pie or Night of Navy with Old Olive and Daffodil Delight.  I used the first choice.  Our twist this week was to make our card a fancy fold card.   You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.  She did such a pretty Christmas card.  Love the way the snow shines and I like the fancy fold opening for her card.

I saw my fold idea in a CardMaker magazine.  They called this fold a "pop up," but that term could apply to a lot of styles.   At first it looked pretty tricky, but when I started the steps, it turned out to be very easy.  Not much more that a bunch of mountain and valley folds.  I really like this style, and for my first attempt at it I am happy how it turned out.  I cheated a little on the colors.  I could not figure in any way how to use Pumpkin Pie with red.  Ugh!  So, Santa just used an orange marker to write his list.  No one told him that orange does not go well with red.  Hee hee!    The paper is Night of Navy, Season of Style DSP from our Holiday Mini, the circles are the scallop circles, and the pretty snowflakes are the Festive Flurry bundle from our Holiday Mini.   I'm loving the bundle and am in the middle of doing some snowflake ornaments. 



I've been using our new Envelope Punch Board for lots of things, but mostly have been doing my own envelopes and using up some of that old, retired, designer paper.  The board is also great for gift cards and another style of fancy fold card.   Below is the envelope to go with my card.  The finished card is 4 x 4.



Below you can see how the card goes into the envelope.  My husband wants to know who I plan to mail it to.   He may want this one.   He always has something nice to say about my cards, but mostly his style is store bought silly funny (pretty stupid sometimes).  His sense of humor is pretty crazy.  But he has been asking me to make his envelopes -- go figure. 



 
Well I hope you like my challenge this week.  Now it is time to hop on to the next person.  Actually, I am last on this list, so I'll take you back to the beginning to Robbie's blogsite.  If you didn't start with her you can continue on to catch the rest of the gals and their creations.  I know Robbie always has beautiful cards, and she does some super insides and envelopes.  So let's go........

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: