Saturday, July 21, 2012

Morning Chat Challenge -- 3 New In Colors

Most of our Morning Chat friends are out in Salt Lake City at the Stampin'Up! Convention, but a couple of us are still at home living vicariously through them.  They appear to be having a grand time.  And all of those of the chat group are just meeting in person for the first time, yet they tell me it is like old friends getting together.  What fun!

Our challenge for this weekend in the Morning Chat is to use at least 3 of the new in colors in our creation.  I am cheating just a little in this post because it is my convention swap for the chat group.  However, I used at least 3 in colors, so it qualifies, right?   After you finish looking here, be sure to go over to the Butternut Sage blogsite and click on the top bar where it says Morning Chat Challenge so you can see the rest of the entries.  And, it would be nice, if one day you, too, would join our morning chat group from 10:00 to 11:00 Eastern, and then enter the challenges.  We have a great time and have made many long lasting friends. 

Ok, so here is my challenge:


This creation is a fold over holder, and inside is a card and envelope.  On the cover I used Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit, as well as Birds of a Feather designer paper and Midnight Muse satin ribbon.   The Midnight Muse cardstock started at 8 1/2 x 9 1/2 and was scored at 4 3/4 on the 9 1/2 width (means it is scored in half to fold over).  Then I scored the bottom at 6 inches down from the top and folded the bottom up to form the inside holder for the card and envelope.


Inside the holder is found the main card and envelope.  Here I used the remaining 3 new in colors:  Primrose Petals for the large flower and little flower on the envelope, Raspberry Ripple for the bird's wings and the sentiment cardstock, and Gumball Green for the leaves.  The cardstock used for the card is Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Whisper White.  I also stamped a second large flower and cut a center portion and popped it on dimensionals to give it some depth.  Then I added Dazzling Diamonds for sparkle. 



The inside of the card is a repeat of the bird theme on the Summer Starfruit cardstock.  the extra little touches for this card are rhinestone bird eyes and Dazzling Details here and there.





I hope you like my challenge and my swap.  I assume by now all the Convention gals have received their swaps and so I haven't jumped ahead of their surprise.   Be sure to take a look at the other challenges, and be sure to come back here soon.  I have a bunch of super RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) that I have been receiving from my friends over the past several weeks, and I am dying to show some of them to you.   I have some of the most creative friends.  So, over the next couple days I will show some of those creations to you.

And, remember, every Wednesday is our Coloring Down the Lines blog hop, using the Color Coach to design our color schemes.

Until next time.................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

2 comments:

carolscards said...

Sandy, so CUTE!!!! Is the partridges SU paper? never saw that. Thanks so much for your comments on my challenges. I so appreciate that. Looks like the girls are having a blast, huh? I love their pictures. Makes me feel like I know them even better.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well ... I may not get into the chat room ... But I realised that I could still try my hand at some of the challenges! This is certainly inspirational, Sandy! Have to sit this one out ... Though ... Cos in-colours not here in Oz yet! Hugs xxx