Sunday, February 26, 2012

Free as a Butterfly

My card today is in response to 2 challenges.  One is a color challenge at Color Throwdown.  The colors this week are Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pine, Barely Bannana, and Basic Gray.  I found those colors to work very well together.  The other challenge is at Sketch Friendly Friday.  The sketch was very interesting.  I hope my idea of their sketch is what they had in mind.  I hope you like my card today. 




I did a very simple inside..  Just a couple butterflies from Precious Butterflies set, and a sentiment -- done







I'm pretty new to challenges, but find they are quite fun.  I love to see how others interpret the same challenge.  And there are times the challenge gets my mojo going when I have been unable to get it in motion. 

Hope you are all having a great weekend and will have a good week.  Come back soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

7 comments:

Tammy said...

This is beautiful! Great job with the sketch!

Deb said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Marlena M. said...

Exquisite work, Sandy! I love your butterfly. ;)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love the texture and depth of this card. Sweet butterflies ... and you have balanced the colours beautifully! Hugs xxx

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card...your popped up butterfly is lovely!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card Sandy! Love the paper you used and that ribbon treatment is perfect. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Patrice H said...

Thanks for playing along with us at SFF. The butterflies are gorgeous and the color combo works! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with this weeks sketch!