Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Color Blog Hop Wednesday -- April 6, 2016

Hi Everyone.  Well, winter has returned again.  I'm not sure where all our nice weather went, but on Sunday we had snow, of all things.  And it is cold again.  I started putting away all my turtle necks, heavy socks, jackets, etc.  And now I am pulling them all back out again.  Ugh!

We have another springy looking inspiration piece today.  That makes me feel just a little better and a teeny bit warmer, despite the rain in the picture.  I can handle rain.  We have a very small group today,  I think winter got to them.  You should have come from Joni's blogsite and when you leave here you should go to Robbie's blogsite.

Our colors are:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzaz.




 Here is my card.  I focused on Melon Mambo.  The butterfly is done with Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzaz watercoloring.  Then I used my favorite Wink of Stella.  I was looking at a few of my recent cards and found that a major number of them have at least a little Wink of Stella.  I love the shine and sparkle.  Then I added some rhinestones and have enough sparkle to make me feel happy.  I really like this card.  I have to admit that I saw a card on someone's blog that was very like this, so it is not totally my idea.  The colors and some of the extras are mine.




I hope you are having a good week and staying warm.  Today I had my Paper Pumpkin club over to work on the March kit.  Wow, what pretty colors.  We had a great time working with the contents of the box and creating much more than what the directions say.  Tomorrow, today if you are reading this on Wednesday, I am going to pick up my grandkids from school.  I love when I get to do that.  Sometimes it is a surprise and when it is I love to see their smiles.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy

2 comments:

Joni said...

Very pretty Sandy!!!! I love how the butterfly looks like its flying! Nice job!!!

Lizzy said...

Wow - you worked wonders with those colors. I love it!