Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Color Blog Hop -- July 4th Holiday Celebration

Happy Wednesday everyone.  Are you ready for the Fourth of July celebrations?  We are having a huge community picnic here on our mountain on Saturday.  I and my friend Kathleen are in charge of handling the food and decorating details (the guys get to cut the grass and do the grilling).  Oh boy, we have 90 people coming.  We will be working our heads off for the next several days.

Ok, so, you are here today for the Wednesday color blog hop.  We have some holiday colors for you today.  And our extra this time is to make it in keeping with the holiday celebration.  You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.  Last I talked to her she was working hard but not finished, so I haven't seen it yet.  But I am sure it is super.

Our colors are from the Seeds website again.  Here is the inspiration piece, and below that is the comparable Stampin'Up! colors that our leader, Robbie, worked up for us.





Stampin'Up Colors:

And below is my creation for this challenge.  Have you seen the June Paper Pumpkin kit?  If you have, then you know where I got my pinwheels.  What a gorgeous, and generous, kit it is.  There are the makings for 24 pinwheels or 24 treat packages, or a combination of both.  Here I did a couple of each.  I plan to do more of the pinwheels for our picnic decorating this weekend. Thank you Stampin'Up! for the perfect June kit.



I used most of the colors in our challenge today, but not all.  I did not want to tone down the red, white and blue too much, but I did throw a little Rose Red and Sahara Sand in there.

I hope you like my decorations.  If you, too, want the opportunity to receive some of these great Paper Pumpkin kits each month, You can link  here  and name me as you demonstrator.  You'll get something really beautiful each month, and everything is in the box except adhesive and scissors.

Now you need to continue to the next blogsite, which is actually back to the beginning to Robbie's blogsite.  I'm sure she has something very pretty, as always.  I'll go along with you because I haven't looked yet.

Until next time....................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy


1 comment:

Helen Burnley said...

Loving those pinwheels, Sandy. Really nice card. Happy 4th to you.