Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blog Hop Wednesday -- July 23, 2014

It's blog hop Wednesday.  Glad you are here.  We have most of our Convention goers back, but not all.  You should have arrived by way of Liz's blogsite.  I know she worked hard on her creation, she told me so.  I can't wait to see it.  She and I are going to get together later this week to see what kind of trouble we can get into, so perhaps I'll have a few more entries to post.

So this week we were challenged to work with the following inspiration piece:



And below are the Stampin'Up! comparable colors.


I must have started the card at least 5 times.  It was another week that what I had in my mind just would not go on paper.  This is nothing like what I envisioned when I started.  However, it uses most of the colors in the challenge and those hexagons even look a little like bubbles.


I made my own ribbon with white satin and printed "birthday" on it from my birthday wishes photopolymer set.  The longer this card sits the more the ink spreads.  I am going to take the ribbon off and try something else.  But for now, I hope you like my idea.

Now you should continue on to Robbie's blogsite, where the hop begins each week.  It will take you full circle, or you can continue till you get back where you started.  Robbie was at Convention last week, so I know she is tired, happy, and full of ideas.  Her blog is always a joy to follow, and I bet she has something nice for us today.  So let's go........

Happy Crafting,
Sandy

2 comments:

Joni said...

I would LOVE to receive that birthday card!!!!

Helen Burnley said...

Sweet & bubbly. Love it, Sandy.