Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines -- Summer Starfruit and Something OtherTthan a Card

Hello everyone.  Is it spring yet?  Not around here as it is still snowing.  I am happy you are here for our Wednesday color blog hop.  You should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.  I saw, in person, the other day what she had made, and it is soooooo cute.  Love the things she comes up with.



We are to use the colors Summer Starfruit with Elegant Eggplant and Baja Breeze OR Summer Starfruit with Marina Mist and Real Red.  I chose the first.  As an added twist our challenge is to make something other than a card.  I chose to make a bookmark.  I really wanted to get a scrapbook page done, but once again I didn't get there.  One of these days, one of these days.



I used a piece of the FREE paper in our SAB catty.  I love that paper, but hadn't used this piece yet.  This piece is ok in small doses but Summer Starfruit is not my favorite.  I like it, but I don't LOVE it.  The rest of the bookmark is pretty self explanatory, except the tab on top, which was cut by using the Envelope Punch Board.  It is NOT the tag punch.  I cut a small piece 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 and punched the notches in the center and folded it over to make the little tab.  It is hard to see, but the tab piece is glued at the top over the piece on the front of the bookmark.   The pointed corners were rounded and then I used a little circle punch with a hole punched so that I could insert the ribbon.



Ok, so now you should hop to Robbie's blogsite to continue on your way.  She has something really nice for us, as always.  She also is the first on the list, so you may have started with her.



I am going on vacation next week but hope to pre-schedule my blog entry.  But I will miss the following week.  If you don't find me here next week, then I return April 11th.  See you soon.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy










No comments: