Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Calypso Coral with a Snowflake

Happy day, friends.  Did you get any of the snow falling all over the country the past few days?  We got about 8 inches during the first fall, then freezing rain, then a couple more inches of snow today.  Anyone who knows me knows that I live in a teeny tiny, no stoplight, town between nowhere and Timbuktu, about 35 miles from the nearest shopping city.  However, my teeny town of Slanesville in West Virginia made it to the big time national news.  We were noted on Fox News!  Yikes, why was that?  See below.


Ok, so you are here for our Color blog hop today and should have arrived from Liz's blogsite.  She and I spoke several times over the past few days about this challenge.  Wow, how do you use orange and pink together, and then how do you make those colors a winter scene with snowflakes?  But I think she nailed it.  Our colors are Calypso Coral with Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride or Calypso Coral with Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi.  Then we were to add a snowflake or two.

Here is my interpretation of our challenge.  Not what I would have created as a Christmas card, but it turned out fine.


I used Pink Pirouette cardstock for the base, then Calypso Coral for the middle layer mat.  I sponged both Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette on Whisper White, but those two colors are so close that mostly all that shows is Blushing Bride.  The tree is embossed in White embossing powder.  I hope you like this interpretation.

Now on to the next challenger, which is back to the beginning with Robbie.  I haven't seen hers yet, and I wonder what she did.  No matter what, she seems to come up with some real beauties.  So here we go..................   Robbie's blogsite

Until next time.......................Stay warm!

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

3 comments:

carolscards said...

Wow, Sandy, We lucked out again with the weather. We just had an inch of snow and a little sleet. Go figure. Your card is gorgeous! Job well done, girl! Hugs

carolscards said...

Wow, Sandy, We lucked out again with the weather. We just had an inch of snow and a little sleet. Go figure. Your card is gorgeous! Job well done, girl! Hugs

Helen Burnley said...

nice card, Sandy. The colors look great, and I love the sparkle on the snowflakes. Sweet. Nice job.