Friday, February 22, 2013

Shadow Box J.T.

Quick one today because I will be leaving here shortly for another all day craft day -- if the sleet and freezing rain hold off.  I sure hope I get something done.  There are so many things on my lists.  Yup, list(S).  Does everyone have lists everywhere and the more you try, the farther behind you get?

Ok, so here is my "creation" for today.  I've been telling friends that I am working on 2 shadow boxes of my grands for their dad.  He already has a couple with his son's football and his daughter's dance and cheerleading.  This time I decided to take a couple cute pictures from their last birthday.  Today I have J.T.'s and as soon as I finish it, I'll have the one of Hannah.




I used a couple techniques on this one.  The base cardstock is Naturals Ivory which I splattered with both green and gold acrylic paints.  The diagonal Certainly Celery cardstock is faintly stamped with a swirly stamp.  It is still rather bare, but when I get over to my son's I'm going to confiscate a birthday trinket and one of J.T.'s small lego characters.  Remember, this is a shadow BOX.  I can dangle and glue them in there toward the bottom.  I think that will finish off the design. Note, in one of the small pictures he is holding the finished Lego he got for his birthday, so Legos are a big thing with J.T.

The journaling tag is painted over with a gold stain and the letter stickers are things I had stashed away.  One other little thing added is some Washi Tape.  Love that stuff. 

Now I just have to do Hannah's.  Of course, she is always easier to do.  Just add bunches of butterflies, flowers, sprinkle with lots of glitter, and it's done.

Have a super day.  Until next time..................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: