Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines -- Tangerine Tango

It's Coloring Down The Lines blog hop Wednesday.  Glad you came.  You should have arrived from Joni's blogsite.  Very pretty, Joni, love your creation.  This week we are starting something a little different.  We are doing TWO colors rather than three.  There will be the main color and a coordinating color.  This week it is Tangerine Tango with Cajun Craze.



I've been playing around with inks, mists, and paints the past few days.  For this card I made a mist with Tangerine Tango and also a mist with Cajun Craze.  Believe it or not, the lighter colored cardstock, the one embossed with the Honeycomb folder, is Whisper White cardstock misted with Tangerine Tango.  I misted, dried, misted and dried several times and it sill looks rather like plain colored cardstock.  I misted heavy in a couple places and lighter in other places, still looks very solid.  So, now I know how the misting works and next time I will use mist with a darker color to see if that works better.  The butterfly is Cajun Craze, and for that I first misted Whisper White CS with Cajun Craze mist, but wanted some texture so I also scraped the Cajun Craze ink pad around on the paper.  Then I cut the butterfly.   Everything is spritzed with Vaniller shimmer spritz.  Shimmer just doesn't photograph well, so it doesn't show here.

Well, thanks for visiting today.  Now let's hop over to see Teri's creation.  I love visiting Teri.

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

2 comments:

Teri Brown said...

I just love your card, Sandy!

Joni said...

So pretty!! I love how the butterfly looks like it actually just landed there!!