Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sweet Hot Chocolate

Today I have a card I made with the super cute little Scentsational stamp set.  I love all the stamps in that set.  I am working on several ideas for a workshop coming up in 2 weeks.  I won't be putting all my samples on my blog until after the workshop.  I don't want to show everything before the gals get there, but a little tease won't hurt, right?  So here is a peek.  I've done so many cute things with this set, cards, tags, gift and hot chocolate pouches, notebook cover, pen holder, and even a candle ring.  The candy cane is such a beautiful touch to any card, and that little gingerbread guy makes me smile every time I see him.



 The designer paper on this card is Be of Good Cheer, and is another of my favorites for this holiday season.  You'll be seeing more of it.









 Here's a close up of the cup.  I decided my hot chocolate will be served with a fancy cup, thus all the glitz.  The canes may be used to sweeten the chocolate, or just to enjoy.  Ummmmm, I can almost taste it.










Speaking of tasting, I may have to go out in the kitchen to see if I have some hot chocolate.  My hubby and I just finished putting a bunch of wood on our front porch, and with wood and fire, hot chocolate is a must.  In fact, the weather forecast for us this week is a little scary.  We have Hurricane Sandy headed our way (and before you try to tease me about the name, trust me, everyone I know is coming up with jabs about my namesake, but I bet no one will mess with me after this).  I'm in the mountains of West Virginia, and I hear we can expect snow -- yikes!  snow?  Not yet, I'm not ready for winter!  How much snow?  Who knows.  We're told the higher elevations around here could get more than 2 feet.  I hope we aren't too high or too close, I'm not ready for more than a half inch or so.

Wherever you are, stay safe, and I hope the hurricane does not cause you too much grief.

Until next time.......................

Crafty Hugs,
Sandy

No comments: