Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas in the Woods

When I saw the Christmas Lodge in the Stampin'Up! Holiday Mini I just knew I had to have that set.  You see, it reminds me of home.  We live in the mountains, in our log home, with lots of nature and wilderness.  The Christmas Lodge is not exactly like our house, ours is not that big, but it gives me the same feel of being far out in the country the way it feels at our house.  And anyone who has been to our house knows we are far out there.   I knew this set would be the perfect stamp for a card "from our house to yours."    This card was done with just a hint of watercolor crayons and more than a hint of sparkle.  I like how it turned out.

However, by Monday I have to have 24 cards completed and ready to mail.  And to insert in those cards I need to have 24 finished New Years Eve party invitations.  So in the next day or two I will  be spending a lot of time in my craft room.  I hope to show you a couple really quick and simple cards that I've been working on over my Thanksgiving weekend.   I hope I make my deadline.  It would not do to receive a New Years invitation in January, now would it.

Our Thanksgiving was a lot of fun with waaaaaay too much food, but lots of friends.  And we did get to spend some of the time with kids, and with grandchildren.  More about the grandchildren another day.  For now, I will attach my card and hope you like it.




Have a great day,
Sandy

No comments: